Week 2 Reading Overview

Hanuman Taking Sita's Ring
For reading the Ramayana, I will be choosing Option Two, the public domain edition. Not only because there's an audio version, but because I am most interested to see the different author styles for each episode. That alone reminds me of some projects I've seen in the past where different directors or artists come in to put their own style on different episodes of one overarching story.

I know I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but when it comes to comics? Of course I'm going to pick the ones that have the best covers! To me, the covers that caught my attention the quickest were Kumbhakarna: The Sleeping Giant and Hanuman to the Rescue: Hanuman Brings the Sanjeevani. I did look further than just the covers, but with this many choices it was how I narrowed them down quickly. Kumbhakarna is a name I've heard a lot of times, but never gone into any research behind so I'm excited to learn his story.

For the videos, the first choice was an easy one for me. I'm a lover of all things music, so seeing Bickram Grosh's Rhythm Jam on the list was a must-watch for me. Once I started watching, I couldn't stop until it was over! My second choice was Food for Gods by Epified. I chose this due to my interest in learning about foods from around the world, but also as I'm writing this, I'm quite hungry.

I chose the image above to connect with my comic choice about Hanuman.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 13 Story: The Vampire's Invitation