My Favorite Place: Yosemite

Half Dome in Yosemite National Park

In the US, my favorite place by far to visit is Yosemite National Park. While I've only visited it once, I plan to visit again this summer and spend more than just half a day there. Growing up in Arkansas, I've always appreciated nature, but seeing the sights of Yosemite blows all of Arkansas' beauty out of the water.

After reading other blog posts, I see I'm not alone in enjoying the beauty of national parks, and even not alone in loving Yosemite! I can't wait to go back and spend a few days discovering as many trails as I can.

Not too far of a drive from Yosemite is Lake Tahoe, just outside of Reno. After spending time hiking, it's an amazing place to just come and relax out on the water or on any of the beaches it offers. It's going to be an amazing trip that I've been looking forward to all year.

Emerald Bay of Lake Tahoe

Comments

  1. At a certain point in my life I was so ready to move to Reno, Reid! I ended up in the California Bay area instead... but I sure do like the idea of living in Reno, so near Yosemite like that. Maybe you will use this class to learn about the amazing mountain geography of India... the heroes of the epics will spend time in the mountains (in what is now India, and also Nepal, Tibet, etc.), and Lord Shiva lives on a famous peak in the Himalayas called Mount Kailash. The stuff of geography and of legend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reid! Those pictures are so beautiful. I have a huge love for hiking and this place has always been on the top of my travel list. The pictures you included make me want to pack up my bag and move right now haha! I hope you have many more wonderful adventures! Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 13 Story: The Vampire's Invitation