My Storybook Favorites

Storybook 1: Ganesha Loves his Food

While I am familiar with Ganesha by name, I had never gone into much research about him. I was mostly captured by the intro as it lead me to see each of the stories as light-hearted and joyous. Ganesha is described as helping people think about to take things as they come and go with the flow. On top of all this, I'm reading this while craving sugary sweets, and Ganesha's hunger for them resonates especially well with me. As for reading the stories, the layout was very easy to navigate and read. Most of the stories were dialogue heavy, and the author made it very easy to see who was talking even when there were several characters. The choice of characters helped make it more fun to read. I never would've thought about Ganesha having Thanksgiving dinner with Cardi B.


Storybook 2: Tales of Tails

Being an animal lover, this was an easy choice. I had never read any Indian animal stories before now, but after reading the ones provided along with the author's notes that described the originals, they really caught my attention. There was also many views taken into account through the stories. Where the first story of Manu discussed how humans and animals can for symbiotic relationships, the second story of Shibi talks of how humans should not interfere with the food chain. Lastly, the third story about Girly-face takes a different turn in discussing how we should surround ourselves with good people and positive feelings to live our best lives.


Storybook 3: Looney Toons Goes to India

Last and certainly not least is the Looney Toons take of Indian stories. The reason I wanted to read these stories was to see just how creative we can get in this class. After seeing stories applied in this way, along with the fun nature of the Ganesha storybook, I've become even more excited for the stories we'll be writing in here. Stories like this that help introduce stories through more well-known characters excite me for this semester. The author made sure to clarify what each character represented at the end of each story to make clear any confusion that may be caused by the character swaps.

Looney Tunes Ending Screen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 13 Story: The Vampire's Invitation