Reading Notes: Week 2 Anthology



The Foolish, Timid Rabbit by Ellen C. Babbitt

The first story quickly got me grinning and I just had to come back to it after reading through the others. The main reason it had me coming back was how well I can see this plot relating to the world today. All it ever takes is one person for others to follow along. From experience, even in the professional workplace, one person mentions something to another, and that chain quickly goes around the office. In the end, the one they all fear, in this case the lion, but in the real world this could be a manager or director, is the one to solve the problem.

Goblin City by W. H. D. Rouse

This story drew me in because of some very specific circumstances. I had just finished watching an episode of a show that involved cannibals, so this just mentally tied into that. The plot of this story is just calling to be tied into a twisted version of Wonder Woman's origin island. The secrecy of the island that takes on sailors from crashed ships, the use of magic to disguise the island (in this case just making it look like there were more people), and an island full of only women make it a great tie-in. The ending left me a little disappointed, but also happy that at least some of the sailors escaped. A miraculous savior ending will be very fun if I choose to write about it later on!

Ravana, one of the more well known rakshasas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 13 Story: The Vampire's Invitation