Week 14 Story: Teeny Tiny Microfictions

Six Word Story:

Treasure the silence. It is key.

Hint Fiction:

Born different into this world, I must stay silent. I fear I may out myself in the place I don't belong.

Author's Note: These are loosely based off the tale Silence is Golden by W. H. D. Rouse. In that story, the character si unable to make a noise lest the other around him know he's different and treat him as so. One day, he breaks and he is forced to leave the group in shame. It was hard to fit it all into these short stories, but I wanted to get the main point of silence being so important across.

Should've been silenced

Comments

  1. Reid,
    Wow! I love the both of these! For such short stories, they contain so much power and meaning! I would have to agree that silence is the key to many things in life; it can also be a deadly act. I liked how your note at the end described exactly where your idea sparked and tells the background of it all. I think you did such a good job on these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 13 Story: The Vampire's Invitation