Week 8 Reading and Writing

Looking back at what I've done so far in the class, it was interesting to see all the different topics I've covered in my stories. From little kids to adults to evil demons, I seem to have got it all! While I've missed a story here and there, the stories have been by far my favorite part. Writing them is always just so fun and stretches my mind in ways I haven't gotten to experience in a while.

My biggest accomplishment has to be the first story for my storybook. Being able to tell an alternate history like that was a little harder than I expected. i didn't want characters to act too out of line, so making sure all the build up to the final events seemed realistic was a challenge. Getting it finished, I was very happy with how it turned out and I'm excited for more people to read it!

So far, the Ramayana was my favorite reading was the Ramayana. Many of the characters I had heard about in passing, but not had the time to look into, so it was awesome to see who they all really were. The notes taken while reading them have really helped me go back to pick out which stories I want to turn into my own and hold on to the plot points.


This image is my favorite of the semester and is the image for my storybook's main page. I like this one especially because of the details you can see throughout. Many of Ravana's weapons are visible, and you can see Sita dropping her scarf for Rama to find later on.

Finally, looking forward, I really want to keep writing more stories, so it may be time to start doing some of those EC assignments to get me writing more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to Me

Week 13 Story: The Vampire's Invitation